DRUIDS LODGE POLO LLP
Privacy Notice under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Why do we collect and use personal information?
We collect and use information to
- enable and facilitate the lawful activities of DLP
- administer memberships and collect fees due
- raise awareness of events, fund raising and other activities and news
- comply with our legal obligations
The categories of information that we collect and hold include:
- Name, address, email address, telephone numbers
- Membership, lesson, and playing history
- Height, weight and riding ability
- Bank details
- Emergency contacts and medical details
- Photos and videos of those taking part in events
Processing and storing data
Personal information is processed under the legitimate interest of DLP. Data is only held for as long as it is reasonable in the circumstances to do so. DLP data is stored on excel databases, accessible only by the management team. Other paper records are securely stored in the polo manager’s office
Who do we share information with?
- If required by the HPA or other polo organisation for the manangement of the sport of polo
- If required by medical staff following an incident
- Videos and photos of those taking part in club events are posted on our website, and other social media channels
CCTV on the Premises
DLP has 24 hour closed circuit television on the car park for safety and to protect its residents, clients, and visitors on the site. The system is encrypted at two separate levels so only those within senior management have access to the footage.
Footage is stored on the built-in memory for a maximum of 120 days when it is automatically deleted. Footage is only downloaded from the system when it pertains to an incident that requires investigation internally or by the police. In these cases, only footage that is of the incident will be downloaded.
We do not use the CCTV system as a way of monitoring our residents, staff, clients, or visitors to the site.
DLP has registered its CCTV with the ICO as is required under the GPDR. This does not give the ICO access to the system
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information that we hold. To make a request for your personal information we hold about you, contact the Polo Manager
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Polo Manager in the first instance.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Tae Ormerod